A Study on Racial Discrimination Faced by North Eastern Indians

Social Profiling: Root Cause to Racial Discrimination Faced by North Easterners

(A Term Paper Presented in a Seminar on Sexual Abuse, Social Discrimination and Economic Exploitation organised by Vaiphei Christian Fellowship, Delhi at Murnika, New Delhi 24 July, 2010 Presented by Madhu Chandra)

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. – Martin Niemöller.

First sexual abuse, social discrimination and economic exploitation happened to the people from Nagaland, I did not speak out because I was not a Naga. Then it happened to the people from Manipur, I did not speak out because I was not a Manipuri. Then it happened to the people from Mizoram, I did not speak out because I was not a Mizo. Then it happened to the people from Arunachal Pradesh, I did not speak out because I was not an Arunachalese. Then it happened to me, there was not one left to speak out for me. –


~ samaw

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post